The Committee aims to:
· promote the benefit of the inhabitants of Lightwater, the neighbourhood together defined by the electoral ward of Lightwater within the Borough of Surrey Heath, and adjoining or neighbouring;
· establish, or secure the establishment of, a Community Centre and to maintain and manage the same (whether alone or in co-operation with any local authority or other person or body) in furtherance of these objects.
· promote such other charitable purposes as may from time to time be determined.
The statutory authorities in whose area the Centre lies may appoint a voting member to the management committee each.
Councillor Representative Role:
· participation in the governance of the Centre, helping with operational decisions;
· act as a communication channel and champion for the Centre with regard to matters which involve Borough or Parish Councils;
· and ensure the Centre is appropriately managed for the benefit of the local community.
Katia Malcaus Cooper
5 Lowfield Close